**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Counting my Blessings & learning

I sit and reflect on my day. My day started off with putting a couple more pictures in frames, getting wonderful advice from coworkers about where I could take them to fund raise my way to Kenya. My day at work ended on a positive note. I drove by my youngist's football practice and felt so much joy knowing he was part of a team.  I was able to talk to my oldest after her first day at her first job and was glad to here she loves her new job and is settling in nicely.  I received my new book from Insight for Living called Insight's New Testament Handbook, it looks really good We also received a progress report with a New picture of our Sponsored Child and She is growing so much. I feel very blessed.

The Verses I was brought to today:

"Do not conform any longer to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is~his good, pleasing & perfect will." Romans 12:2

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.  Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"says the Lord. On the contrary:
   "If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
      if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
   In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."Romans12:9-21

Father thank you for your forgiveness & your strength as I do everything through your strength & will. Father I know I still need work on this as I still at points can't think about last year when it comes up with out disobeying what you command us to do, I know that I can't do this of my own strength and I ask you Father to help me in this area and remove the bondage, fear and control it still has over me. In Jesus Christ Name Amen!

No comments:

Blog Archive