**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Noticing the transformation God is doing in my Heart.

My son and I went to church this morning. While we were singing the worship songs this morning I realized something had changed. I use to go through the motions and sing the songs but I really didn't connect to what they were saying at least not the way I connect to them now. I have experienced what we are singing about and want more than ever before what we are singing about. I started thinking about it and it is the same way with the songs I listen to on Praise 106.5, I get lost in the praise of the music now.  I liked today at Church they created a documentary called "Outside the Walls" what I got from the message is that the walls we come to on Sundays house the Church and imagine if all the Churches went outside the walls into the surrounding community & do as we are commanded to love & share the Good news of the Gospel. Imagine the amount of people that are inside the walls being charitable & serving to their community as the stated today what a change it would be to the community. Think about it how many people attend Church services, now take those people outside the walls into the community, wow!

The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." Mark 12:31
If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered. Proverbs 21:13
A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor. Proverbs 22:29
Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:9
But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, Luke 14:13

Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.Romans 12:13

 Father give us your eyes to see the needs of our community,  give your hands to reach out, give us your ears to listen, give us your lips to speak your truth, give us your feet to go out and bring your children home. Transform us Father from the inside out to do your will & praise you through all we do & face. In Jesus Christ Name Amen.

No comments:

Blog Archive