**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 7 in Guatemala

Day 7 in Guatemala: Mark 10:43-45, Proverbs 3:5-6

Father,

You are Everything, you are mighty, awesome all powerful God. Thank you for making a way for me to attend church.

Thank you for providing the girl, I met at the first host family lunch, and her family, what a blessing it was as she translated the service to English for her mom and I was aloud to listen in.( They don't normally attend this church but because of the procession in the town celebrating one of the Catholic Saints, they couldn't make it to where they normally attend.)

 Thank you for bringing me back to Mathew 10 one more time, through the sermon. I here your call for my life. I know you want me to walk in complete Faith and Trust with You. I don't know how to answer people when they want to know what you are directing me to do. I don't know the words Father. I know you want me to walk in discipleship like the disciples did, with nothing of me but all of You. I know you have asked me if I would die for my faith and in saying yes, it gives me great peace and joy. Father you keep bringing me back to the verses like: Mathew 10, Mathew 4:18-22,Luke 9:1-6, Luke 14:25-33. I only hear one thing, " Come follow Me, leave everything, just come with the clothes on your back and carry your cross, you will die for the kingdom, you will die for your faith, you will die for Christ." How do you explain this??

Father thank you for the angel you sent me today, on the volcano. When I prayed to you not knowing how I would make it, as the bug I caught was taking my breath away. You sent him to say the same words the Prophet told me, bringing laughter and joy to my heart, knowing you were there.

Father I ask you to take me to the river and cleanse me, change me from the inside out, take charge of everything in me and that flows out of me.
In Jesus Name Amen.

Day 7 Email Update:

Buenas Noches,


Well it has been a great weekend. Some good mornings to sleep in (back to the 6:30am breakfast tomorrow!) and some good time to allow bodies to rest and recover a bit as well.


Last night we had a great dinner in town. It was SO cold out. Like, incredibly cold outside. I think it was one of the coldest nights in all of the 7 years I've been travelling down here! Weird! But today was burning hot in the daytime. T.I.G!


We went in this morning and had several hours of free time in Antigua where people wandered the Artisan markets and grabbed a bite to eat. 8 of the team headed out for the volcano tour at 2pm and just shortly got back here in town not that long ago. The rest of us (MJ, my parents, Martha and I) just meandered around town and had a quiet and relaxing day.


Tomorrow back at it!


The volcano crew had an above-average tour, witnessing one of the surrounding volcanoes erupt a little! Apparently it does so about once a month, and they were there to witness it! (I'm a little jealous).


See for yourself.


Until Tomorrow,

Kat




No comments: