**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What are We Carrying?

I have had a memory brought to my mind of something I was told along time ago. I do not know if it is in the Bible or if it was just something someone told me.  God asked a man to carry a rock to the top of the mountain. The man started  to make his way up the mountain, along the way he was stop by someone who asked him since you are going up the mountain could you take these rocks of mine up to the top as well, the man said no problem. He continued on his way when another person said I see you are going to the top of the mountain could you take my rocks up to the top of  the mountain, the man said yes. The Man continued up the mountain. he was struggling as the load was very heavy and became difficult to carry. The Man cried out to God I don't think I can make it to the top my load is to heavy. God asks the man what did I ask you to do? I asked you to carry my rock, if you were doing what I asked your load would not be so heavy.

How many times does God ask us to do something and we pick up stuff along the way that makes it impossible to do what God has asked us to do.

I think God has brought this back to my mind as I have been so wanting to walk inline with God that I have found myself picking up stuff along the way that may be very good causes & worth supporting, but it is not what God has asked of me. I have good intentions but I need to learn to say no to my intentions and yes to doing what God has asked me without picking up more along the way that makes it impossible to do what God has asked of me.

 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.  In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 1 John 5:1-3

No comments:

Blog Archive