**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Today I was Blessed with Answered Prayer!

Today I enjoyed witnessing answered prayer as my children were baptized this morning, by there Youth Pastor that walked beside us through the trial & helped us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus.

I was so praying to God that they would be baptized before my children left to for Christmas break. I know now that they have committed to walk with Jesus and have the holy spirit to guide them when I am not there.

“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. Mathew 3:11


I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.” Mark 1:8


When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.” Luke 3:21,22


Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, Luke 4:1


“When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.” Luke 12:11,12


Now Thomas, one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”
   But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” John 20:24-29


Have you ever heard of the saying don't be a doubting Thomas, this is where that saying came from.


I have witnessed so many answered prayers. I here people say but he didn't answer my prayers could that be because God didn't answer with the answer you were expecting.  God sometimes gives us the answer no because he has the bigger picture. I can describe it as we have one piece of the puzzle and we can't see beyond that peace. God sees the completed puzzle and knows where the things in our life fit and he knows where they don't. 


There has been many times when I have asked for things and the answer has been no, but when I reflect back I'm thankful the answer was no because what is of today would not have been possible if he had said yes.

No comments:

Blog Archive