cont. from Reading about Poverty/the connection.
By making the choice to have free daycare had me sitting in a group talking about a book called John in the Bible. I was very cynical and found every opportunity to knock what they were preaching with what I deamed unanswerable questions. Every question I had they had a biblically based answer that made sense. They had made a call for anyone who wanted to ask Christ into their heart, I heard this call over several months, my heart was eventually softened, I wanted what I saw that they had and urned to fill the emptiness in my heart. I excepted Christ into my Heart.
A wonderful lady lead a bible study at the coffee connection called Learning to Tell yourself the Truth. I learned then the truths about who I was in Christ & how my self talk was what was holding me back in moving forward with my life. My self talk was lying to me it was telling me that I wouldn't amount to anything it would beat me up no matter what I did. The bible study helped me focus on God's truth for my life. I started taking the lies & replace them with truths.
I reflect back now and I see that God met me where my needs were, he addressed what was keeping me in poverty of being and nurtured me through the body of Christ.
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 1 Peter 1:23
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace Ephesians 1:7
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 1 Corinthians 6:19
For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, Colossians 1:13
time to say goodnight for now as my eyes become to heavy to keep open........
- ► 2014 (9)
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (33)
- ► 2011 (98)
- 17 yrs Ago Today
- Do We Let Our Eyes Determine What We See?
- Today I was Blessed with Answered Prayer!
- Connecting to the Worship Songs cont./About me
- Connecting to the Worship Songs
- Thanking God for Showing Me
- Worship Songs are Like a Photo Album
- What are We Carrying?
- Poverty/Hoarding & Falling on Bended Knee
- Thinking My Feet Left God's Path for Me.
- Week full of Downs & Ups
- Part 3 & Conclusion of Beginning of the trial that...
- Part 2 of Beginning of the trial that lead up to t...
- Beginning of the trial that lead up to the Underst...
- I had a Saviour but I didn't really understand wha...
- The Next Trial, with God's Strength & Peace
- Poverty & Parenting
- Opening My Eyes up Again to the Simple Pains of Po...
- Making a choice not knowing where it would lead.
- ▼ November (19)