Today I decided I would where the suite my Nana bought me last Christmas before she past to my Cardiologist appointment, just to see if I would get a different response than I had in the past when I went in my normal jeans & a T-Shirt. I was pleasantly surprised by the Doctor's care & willingness to explain what he was in normal non medical jargon, but I don't think that would have changed if I had dressed differently.
I kept my suite on all day, normally when I go out when I pass someone I say "Hi", usually without response most of the time it is not reciprocated. Today though every time I said "Hi" I received a "Hi" back, the only difference this time was I was dressed up. Do we walk by people and take a glance and without giving it a thought we put a label on the person. I may have been dressed up today but my social status has not changed I still live in poverty. Today though society treated me like a some buddy. I went into stores and the salespeople noticed me they didn't just shrug their shoulders & pass me by, they were bending over backwards to help me. I am the same person who has been in the stores multiple times before with my Mom and had no attention payed to me what so ever. So I ask, do we let our Eyes determine what we see?
I remember years ago when my sister had enough money to purchase a new car without a loan, she was around 18/19 She went into so many different car dealerships without a sales person giving her the time of day. I do believe that their eyes were determining what they saw. My sister purchased a new sports car and went back to those dealerships and let them know their mistakes.
“Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. Proverbs 31:29-31(NIV)
“‘Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.Leviticus 19: 15(NIV)
The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him—
the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
the Spirit of counsel and of might,
the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD—
and he will delight in the fear of the LORD.
He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes,
or decide by what he hears with his ears; Isaiah 11:2,3(NIV)
well my eyes are closing, this will be all for now.
- ► 2014 (9)
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (33)
- ► 2011 (98)
- 17 yrs Ago Today
- Do We Let Our Eyes Determine What We See?
- Today I was Blessed with Answered Prayer!
- Connecting to the Worship Songs cont./About me
- Connecting to the Worship Songs
- Thanking God for Showing Me
- Worship Songs are Like a Photo Album
- What are We Carrying?
- Poverty/Hoarding & Falling on Bended Knee
- Thinking My Feet Left God's Path for Me.
- Week full of Downs & Ups
- Part 3 & Conclusion of Beginning of the trial that...
- Part 2 of Beginning of the trial that lead up to t...
- Beginning of the trial that lead up to the Underst...
- I had a Saviour but I didn't really understand wha...
- The Next Trial, with God's Strength & Peace
- Poverty & Parenting
- Opening My Eyes up Again to the Simple Pains of Po...
- Making a choice not knowing where it would lead.
- ▼ November (19)