**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Friday, November 26, 2010

Connecting to the Worship Songs cont./About me

When listening to the worship songs, since the trial that changed my life & brought me closer to my Saviour, I have connected to them at a much deeper level & now understand.

Everything Falls is a song that I first heard in the middle of the trial & I held onto every word of this song, as my soul was troubled by what we were going through and this song gave me reassurance that this was part of the war being waged & that his arms are faithful and God would hold me together when everything was falling apart apart.

Healing Begins is so real for me as over the years I had built up walls, I thought I was good and was doing everything right and then all the walls in my life came crashing down. I had been afraid if I let the secrets of my past out but God told me it was time to let it go, I was ashamed but when everything started crashing through the healing began.

About me:


I grew up with a father who suffered from a mental illness till my Mom
became a single parent when I was 7

I have been rejected by my earthly father,

I am an abuse survivor,

I am a date rape survivor,

I am a survivor of self-punishment,

I am a poverty survivor,

I am a cancer survivor,

I have been a single parent of almost 18 yrs,

I have raised two children, one who has High Functioning Autism/ ADHD

I have experienced rejection from  system that was in place to protect, as
my daughter went through the over 60 911 calls,

I have been faced with fighting for my daughters soul, when faced with
spiritual warfare that a year before I would have said you were nuts if you
told me any of what I saw with my Mom & son.

I have experienced God dry my tears when I became broken.

I have experienced deliverance from my past.

I have argued with God & lost,

I have experienced a peace that transcends understanding & an unexplainable
Joy, when I became dead to myself & alive in Christ.

The Healing has truly begun & this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for the love, forgiveness & grace of my Heavenly Father. He has given me freedom from my shame & fear. He has given my life purpose.
 

No comments:

Blog Archive