**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Praising God for the suffering, comfort, wisdom & taking us past our comfort.

        During this Journey I have experienced suffering, comfort, peace joy and defiantly being taken out of my comfort zone. Today I have been showered in wisdom. Today at Church we went through Exodus 4:1-17 talk about getting wisdom. When my Saviour asked me to come follow him I gave him every excuse under the sun. I was using everyone else as an excuse and truthfully it was me. I was afraid my family & friends would think I had finally lost it. When God got me past that point, I went through it couldn't be me you want I'm as single Mom of almost 18 yrs of two who yes are at the point they are becoming their own persons but how could I leave them. So I talked to the kids as I tried to use them as an excuse, they were having none of it. They told me it was obvious that God was calling me to do it and they wouldn't stand in the way and anyways this was the point in their lives they needed to step out and find out who they were apart from family. Wow!!  I also have only worked in fast food and now detailing I'm a nobody, why would he want me to do this, I don't know how to talk to people, I'm clumsy with my words and am scared of rejection. God sent many people my way who I thought were so much better at this than I and much more confident. God gave me favor in those peoples testimonies that they were no different than I they to were afraid and they did it through obedience of God's will & strength not their own. I was given wisdom through that, I need to just focus on my Saviour and he will do the rest. Tonight I was listening to a live simulcast and the only part I really heard in the kaos of my house was the verse below.


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.
 We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered ............... We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.   2 Corinthians 1:3-11

I was almost brought to tears and had the need to read it to my family as this put into words what we couldn't. After our suffering and the favor of answered prayer of many. On Christ we have learned to lay our Hope.

No comments:

Blog Archive