**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Brought to a Flood of Emotion at Church Today

I was so blessed today my daughter came to the church service with me today this doesn't normally happen as she volunteers for kidstown & the nursery. I am usually blessed with my son's presence but this weekend he was gone on a youth retreat. During the worship music this morning we sang the Desert Song (link listed in column to your left) and as we sang it and the words resonated deep with in me and a connection was made through the verse & promise God gave me through the trials that transformed my life. I found myself shaking with a multitude of emotions & tears swelled up in my eyes as these are my Prayers and God a comforter & deliverer I will bring praise through all.

We looked at Exodus 7:10-11:10 it is about the plagues brought on Pharaoh & Egypt to Declare that God was the one and only God. While the Pastor was discussing the purposes of the plagues over God coming in Dreams, Burning bushes and how that these other ways wouldn't have had the impact on their faith as much as the plagues. I started thinking that if we had not experienced the trials that brought us through experiences that brought us to great brokenness, dependence on God & that only God could have brought his hand down onto in a great way to deliver us. We would not have the faith  & transformation that we have experienced now. I now don't just say God is in control of all things great & small, I can now testify to it as I have witnessed things & experienced things that no one could give any other explanation except God. I can stand in confidence that my Heavenly Father has every thing under control & even when all else fails. My God is still there caring for my family & me. Gods plan will reign through all things. The Song " No Matter What" by Kerri Roberts explains what I mean ( link listed in column to left)

God is asking me to step out of the boat & trust him. Jesus will put out his arm to save me in times of my own weakness. I have seen if I let Go & let God I can sit back & wait for him to tell me when he wants me to move all I have to do is trust him. God's timing is perfect. I still sometimes am reminded that sometimes my steps have to be through Gods strength as sometimes I can't find the strength to step no matter how much I want too.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1Peter 5:6,7



Come," he said.
   Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"
 31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?" Matthew 14:29-31

No comments:

Blog Archive