**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Monday, December 13, 2010

Trials & Temptation

       I'm back, last week was filled with trials, I was kind of out of commission last week, still not quite sure what was going on with my body. I slept most of the week away as it was the only way to escape the pressure in my head & my chest. I will be going for a Transesophagal Echocardiogram on Thursday, now that was a mouth full. Just in case you don't know what that is & are curious it is a procedure where they sedate you, an ultrasound tube is passed into the esophagus in order to visualize the heart.

        I was asked today what does this mean for the Kenya Missions Trip, as far as I'm concerned is if it is God's plan for me to go nothing will stand in the way. Kenya is still strongly on my heart & mind.

        Today my big sister who has been going to the hospital for dialysis, because her home dialysis has stopped working, took a tumble at the hospital and broke her knee cap in half. My brother-in-law was told by the hospital they were releasing her and he said no, they now plan on releasing her tomorrow and there are allot of things going on reinforcing my lack of trust for our local medical system, do to this I am feeling tempted to judge,not to forgive, come to anger & rage as the feelings of the past come flooding in. I pray for God's strength & Guidance to keep me from being tempted.

Our Father,
hallowed be thy name, 
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.

For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly father will forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your father will not forgive your sins. Mathew 6: 9-15

"Watch & Pray so you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak." Mathew 26:41

So if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so you may endure it. 1 Corinthians 10:12-13


No comments: