**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Skeletons in the Closet

How many of us have skeletons in our closets, those things that we think cause people to think of us differently if they knew.

I use to live with those skeletons in my closet and really didn't understand how much control they had in my life. They laid rooted deep with in me and controlled my being. I never aloud anyone to get close enough because if they did they might find out the things I held in my closet that I was ashamed of and this would change how they looked at me, these were not cont-chance  thoughts & choices they had become instinct to protect myself from hurt, they became part of my being.

I didn't find out until after we went through the year that changed us all when my daughter went through medical distress and God revealed all my past hurts & sins, that the skeletons in my closet were holding me down and were paralyzing me from becoming the person I truly was.

God has helped me release those skeletons from my closet. I am finding with each skeleton I have brought out of the closet into my life, they have changed they are no longer a representation of death of my being of life. I have felt the weight be lifted from me, the weight of burden that I had carried for so long in that closet. I had finally been set free of the fear & shame that had shaped how I had lived. I finally have been released & set free from the bondage of the skeletons in my closet that I had given the enemy to control me in death of my being. Christ had revealed the gift he had waiting for me to except, the gift of freedom from my fear, shame & sin. Christ had given us all that gift it just takes each of us our own time to except that he had died on the cross to free us from our master sin & rose again to bring us eternal life as he took the keys of death & Hades/Hell.

Heavenly Father, I thank you for the gift you gave us in the death of your only begotten son, the gift of everlasting life free of fear & shame, full of mercy, grace & forgiveness. I pray Father for those of this world who have not yet found the gift you have for them or those who know about your gift but don't really understand yet what it means for their life because they have not unwrapped it in its fullest. Please shower them with wisdom & knowledge to understand the true meaning of your gift. I know I held your gift you gave me for many years with out truly unwrapping it and seeing what it was in that gift. I pray that when they hold your gift for them they are like a child who can't wait to unwrap it in its fullest. In Jesus Christ Name Amen.

No comments: