**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Transformed or Has It Always Been

I use to think "What harm is there in dressing up and participating in Halloween?" I didn't see any problem with it when my kids were little I use to get them all dressed up and we would head out the door with their plastic buckets and me holding their pillow cases for them to dump their candy in. We would walk around our quite large town house complex as we went door to door. We use to live where everyone far and wide wood drop off their kids for trick or treating as we would see a good 300 kids in that night.

The funny thing about me taking the kids out was one was suspected to be borderline diabetic and was not able to eat candy and the other was allergic to dairy, so they couldn't really eat what they were collecting and they knew it. They both though had fun doing it.

I can say since our experience in 2009 our thoughts on Halloween have been transformed. Where once we saw innocent fun we now see darkness. We are now sensitive to all that Halloween has to show. We drive or walk by a display and we are creeped right out as the darkness and heaviness that it brings. Where once innocence stood now stands evil. Like a Trojan in the night with no one aware the darkness creeps in.

You may say to me  "Have finally lost your crackers?", but if this is so how is it that I am not the only one feeling this change and awareness?

We are told in scripture that we don't battle against flesh and blood, but against spiritual forces of evil. Ephesians 6:10-20

So I ask you to guard yourselves and those you love this Halloween from that you can not see, because of what we witnessed in 2009 I can tell you this is not folklore. I ask you to remember the truth when faced with darkness. Jesus died on the cross and rose again to save us and pay the price for our sins and he alone holds the keys. Revelation 1:17-19

Father thank you for all that you have done for us and the things you can continue to do in our lives. I ask for an extra measure of protection over everyone this Halloween. Open our eyes to the unseen  and the Trojan Horses of this world. Help us stand strong in you and your truths. In Jesus Christ Name Amen.

No comments: