**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Monday, April 18, 2011

Depression or Spiritual Warfare?

Two days ago I started falling into a very dark & heavy place, some would call it depression including myself, but now I wonder. I wonder as every time these times happen I am at a cross road & needing to find God's will for the next step, and facing questions.

I over this last couple of days found myself fighting the darkness with God's truth & as the darkness was getting heavier today I reached out for prayer from the body of Christ. I could feel the healing power of the prayer being lifted up as my day went on, by the end of the day the light had replaced the darkness & the heaviness was gone.
I ask the question is this Depression or is this Spiritual Warfare?

I find that now when it comes it is not taking me as long to run to God & ask for prayer, this seems to be the medication to heal. I find the darkness & heaviness leave as soon as I do this.

Ephesians 6:11-17
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Romans 12:1

Father thank you for all you have done for me. Please forgive me for I am a sinner & I have sinned against you. Father take me as I am, take me as a living sacrifice. Help me to put on your full armor on a daily basis & fill me with your holy spirit. Help me stay strong to fight off the weapons that come my way, help me stay stead fast in the knowledge that you have already won the war. In Jesus Christ Name Amen.

No comments: