**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Religion vs Christainity

I was having a conversation at work the other day that got me thinking on how to answer one of the questions that keeps coming up. A question of blurred lines between Christianity and Religion. I think this is where many in the secular world get confused and lost. I know I use too...


Religion, as defined in the oxford dictionary:
noun

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods

Christianity, as defined in the oxford dictionary:
noun

the religion based on the person and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, or its beliefs and practices.


I never really understood the difference until I was taken through the refining fire (1 Peter 1:6-7). I think, as I walk this Journey of Faith, my understanding has been transformed.

I use to think Religion and Christianity were one in the same, just a different word to explain the same thing, this view has changed.

My understanding now is that:

 Religion is man made- a word used to describe a group of people that have come together to practice there common belief in something they hold as a greater power that is in control. ( James 1:27)

Christianity is Christ made- Our Lord and Savior is who calls those to Christ, as he knocks on the door ( Revelations 3:20), and through ones heart felt belief that Jesus bore our sins and was crucified for those sins and rose again taking the keys from death and Hades three days later and the asking for forgiveness for those sins one becomes a Christian.

I do not believe that one needs to make themselves perfect first, before they except Jesus Christ. I believe that you need to repent and turn away from your sin.

 I can say that I did not transform my life when I became a Christian, through the power of the Holy Spirit, my advocate that Jesus left for those who believe is what has transformed my life, creating the fruit of the Spirit that is evident in those who are Christian.

Many can call themselves Christian, but only God truly knows their hearts.

I ask you now is Jesus knocking at the door to your heart? are you ready to let him in? do you want to know more about this relationship you can have with him? If you answered yes to any of these questions I encourage you to follow this link "Knowing God Personally" You will find an example of a prayer you can pray near the bottom of the page on the link if you are ready to start a relationship with Jesus, remember he doesn't need you to clean house first, he would like to transform/makeover your life for you!

If you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, I would love to pray for you!!

Just leave a comment below or email me at iblong2the3in1@shaw.ca





No comments: