**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I was asked Yesterday and Today "why?"

I was asked Yesterday about God and tragedies like the one that happened in the school in Ohio where a shooting happened and their were deaths of students. I prayed about the answer after giving my not so appropriate quick answer.

I ask is it better to be loved by someone of their own free will or by someone you hold captive and have removed their freewill. God knows the answer to that one, it is far more meaningful and true when it is done of our freewill, that is why God gave us our own free will so that our love for him is made of our choice and true.

When tragedy strikes we are quick to take it out on God but it is the freewill that is to blame as we are all free to make choices and unfortunately that is not always for the good.

I bare witness to the fact when we go through tragedies and trials if we have accepted and believe in what Jesus has done for us on the cross and ask for his forgiveness as we invite him into our lives, we do not walk alone.

I was asked today, as the snow started sticking to the ground, by a coworker if I would be going home early for fear of the slick conditions on the road, this was a fair question as I use to go into panic attacks about getting home before I couldn't for fear of what might happen on the roads. I today could freely say no I would be staying till the end of the day. I was asked why I wasn't afraid anymore. I could only answer that my story has already been written God new when I would be born and he knows when I will die. I have been freed from my fear, I do not have fear anymore except the fear of God. Psalm 139, Deuteronomy 31:8

God has been transforming ( 2Corinthians 3:17-18 ) my life since I was Baptized ( 1 Peter 3:20-22 )  I am not anywhere near the same person I was. I have been set free to be me, free of fear and shame.

No comments: