**********Please Scroll down to view Prayers, Sermon Links, Song Links, Poetry & Questions Meant to be Thought Provoking.**********

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Very Busy Few Weeks/ Advocacy Letter

I have to say this last few weeks at work have been at full throttle, with plenty of overtime and with non stop go at home and as well as at work. I am so exhausted but I am still going.

I was called back to the Doctors for an appointment on Tuesday for the results of my radioactive bone scan, to find out why I can be walking and then all of a sudden feel a sharp pain and loose all the power in my right hip. I went and the Doctor told me that he had noticed they had done a full scan because of my past history of having cervical cancer. He said my bones are perfect and there is absolutely no sign of cancer and the effects of my arthritis are minimal. He said the only thing he could do now is send me for an MRI as it could be damage to the cartilage. Really at this point I have seen enough Dr.'s and tests and I have been dealing with this for a while, I told him I have already adapted to it and I rather just leave it till it becomes a real problem.

I am really wondering what is happening that I am getting a very clear bill of health, is God laying a plan or is Satin playing with my health like he did with Job and God is trying to reassure me everything is fine?

My son had been offered tickets to the Heat Hockey game on Wednesday through his paper route he has, I was tired but excited to go do something with my son as for some reason it is difficult to find things he would like to do together. We quickly ate dinner and headed of on the bus to the game. The game was local but even though we had the free tickets to go we couldn't afford the parking, making the bus the best option. We arrived early and we each received a white towel, for the Abbotsford Heat 2012 Calder Cup Play Offs at the entrance. I think they were provided by Save on Foods as it was also written on the towel.  We found our seats in section 111 Row 2 Seat 7 and 8.



I was surprised when I found out how good the seats were as we were sitting with a perfect view of the net.




     They eventually came out to warm up and practice before the game. We would start out with the Milwaukee Admirals at our end to start.

     My son and I liked their Zamboni's their was one from Veddor Transport that looked like a rig and this one I was able to get a picture of  from our local Police Department, so cute.


The Abbotsford Heat's mascot is named Hawkie and he came out to start the game. 


Then the Game begun and I think I finally found something my son likes, to watch hockey.







During the intermission they brought out the mascot's to play a little ice soccer, it was to funny and too cute.

 Poor Slurpee kept loosing his head.



The Game continued and this period we would have the Heat at our end. I have to say there was far more action when the competing team was at our end because all the action was happening on their goal. Must have been lonely for the Heat Goalie.

  
Well the game ended with everyone off their feet including us screaming as the Heat won 4-2. 
Way to go guys!!!





We rushed out to grab our bus and as we got to the stop the bus came and home we went.

Thursday was my Mom's payday of her CPP( Canadian Pension Plan ), so in grand form when I got off work and went home we were right back out. We grabbed our vehicle insurance for another year and then we went grocery shopping. We didn't get back till after 9 pm.

Friday we had to grab somethings we forgot when we were out Thursday.

I had planned after working 12 days straight to call my first weekend off, on strike not doing nothing. Is it great when you have good intentions. 


Our two dogs my sister left us, or should I say made my Mom promise she would take care of after she passed were passed the point of would be nice to go to the groomers and into a necessity to go, so I had mentioned to my Mom if she was going to take them it would have to be well I had overtime on my check. Me and my big mouth. She booked them in for first thing Saturday morning, so much for taking the weekend off. 

Sasha

Chloe

I have to say though while we were out I saw a sign at MCC thrift store saying 50% off clothing and I am so in need of jeans for work as I have lost so much weight that even my new jeans I purchased when I was blessed with the make over are hard to keep from falling to my knees. I thought uh hu I can see if I can find some jeans I can afford in there as the night before I had looked in Walmart and the cheapest jeans I could find my size were $25. each and no way I could afford those for work jeans. I unfortunately could not find any to fit but as we were leaving I noticed a box for a ravioli maker. I opened it up and it was a brand new pasta maker with an attachment for ravioli. I had been looking for a pasta maker that I could afford for a long time, now I had found one hear and it was 50% off, it was now only $8. Yeah!! Homemade Pasta here we come, now when times get tough we can make pasta along with the bread we already make.

Sunday was the first Sunday service at church we were able to drive to ourselves in a long time. I have to tell you the blessing of getting our van fixed keeps on growing as because it is fixed I no longer have to fill up our van twice a week, it now lasts way past each payday every two weeks and has cut our gas bill in half.

Our Church is starting a new PG 13 service called Birds Bees & the Bible , I have to say this was another answer to prayer. I have been having difficulty connecting with my son on this subject because as he puts it I am a girl. When the Pastor was speaking I witnessed something I hadn't seen in a long time, my son was intensely reading my bible along with the Pastor and was listening intently. The Pastor was answering all the questions my son had been having from a prospective he could listen too. 

I find this has been one of the greatest challenges as a single mom and a mom of a child with Autism that categorizes where curtain information needs to come from. Thank you God for being the Father to the Fatherless one more time.

My Aunt went for her Breast Cancer surgery on last Thursday and came through the surgery ok, she now waits for the results of her biopsy for her lymph nodes to make sure the cancer has not spread. Please keep her in your prayers. We saw her today and she was starting to feel a bit of the pain from the removal of her one breast. I have not heard anything from my daughter on how her friends Mom is doing please keep this family in your prayers as well, God knows the details.

Oh and I don't know if I had said or not but my son had been applying for Person With Disability (PWD) Funding at the request of his Community Living BC worker(CLBC). He had three calls with what we call welfare as you have to apply for that first. Three calls that were basically wasted as they had not communicated with each other. The last call, my son spoke with a women that treated him disrespectfully like a 18 yr old welfare bum. My mom could hear everything she was saying across the room and told my son to tell her she could talk to her and the women said no, so my mom went to the extension and told her that she would be speaking to her as she could see my son had already shut down. The girl cont. in on my mom and my mom told her she needed to listen and did she not realized that she was speaking to someone with Autism and if she did does she have any training with Autism. She snapped at my mom and told her there was nothing in his file that said he had Autism, the fact it was mentioned in the previous two calls I guess didn't count. She finally calmed down and set up another phone appointment.

I got home to my mom just livid. I sat down and wrote an email to Hon. Christy Clark's office as I had enough dealing with the middle people as I had already climbed the ladder way to many times before.  Here is my letter:


Dear Hon. Christy Clarke,

I would hope that one day I could email you and say that everything is going great and the services do not have any holes to fall in, unfortunately this is not the case. After much reservation on my part, my son who was diagnosed with High Functioning Autism/ADHD at the age of 9 who is 18 now and struggling do to his Autism getting employed is after repeated requests by his CLBC worker applying for Persons with Disability. I am finding the reservation I was having were not unfounded. 3 calls later and having to repeat to three different people for my son’s phone appointment for the initial welfare application process that he has to go through before he can apply for the PWD as apparently they do not communicate the information already given. His last call was from a lady who until my mom corrected was treating him like an 18 yr. old lazy good for nothing bum and gave him the respect or should I say the lack of respect that comes with that stereo type. I see nothing has changed in our welfare system in its treatment of the people they serve.

We are now for the umpteen millionth time having to prove to another government agency that he has Autism/ADHD. I know Fraser Health has a system now that connects our medical information so that a any Doctor can access the information. I am wondering why a similar program is not set up for government agency in regards to persons with permanent disabilities so it can be registered and stream lined so we are not wasting services by repeating the same processes repeatedly over and over again, this would allow cost saving measures in the use of man power and reduce the frustration and hardships on the person and their families.

I have been trying to allow my son to advocate for himself where he can to further his independence, but I am finding when it comes to the services that are geared to help those with disabilities, they are not actually set up for them to access independently. I am now faced with needing to be the squeaky wheel to get things moving forward so that my son’s life can get back to a stable, on track setting towards his independence. Unfortunately, my work hours are the same as the governmental offices. Meaning, I will have to take time off work to do this putting my family into further hardship than they already are from what we went through with the medical system in 2009( I am glad to say though we did receive our apology & agreement that the evidence supported the medication being the cause of my daughters and families trauma). I know if I have to take time off from work to deal with this I will get fired and I will be joining him in his application.

I hope there is some way of making these process user friendly, reducing the stress and hardship to those accessing them.

Thank you for your time,

I was surprised when I came home less than a week later to my mom saying the Social Development Supervisor had phoned. She told my mom that the letter was well written, this was humbling and uncomfortable to hear for some reason. My son has been appointed to one case worker a young gentleman who is newer and that everything of my son's will go through the supervisors hands now and the supervisor has set up an appointment for my son with a community advocate who will help him when I can not do to my work. The advocate is through community services locally. Thank you God for all that has happened as you put everyone in the right place to make things flow so quickly!!

I do ask if any of you are local in BC Canada, please email: feedback@fraserhealth.ca, in support of the iblong Community Therapy & Life Skills Centre for the old MSA Hospital Property in Abbotsford. Please Pray for the Community Centre. We are looking for an Architect to donate his time to create a blue print for the centre and for a builder to donate his time in giving a quote on how much it will cost to build once we have the blue print, so we have sound figures to start raising the funds for building the centre on the MSA property or other future sites as my dream is for this concept to grow and be be developed  in other communities in other areas as well.  Thank you for your support!!



Thank you God for so taking care of us continually, I know it is you who allows these things to fall into place and you that is taking care of us and I want to say Thank you!!! In Jesus Precious Name  Amen.

No comments: